When we take government funding through a personal budget (Individualised Funding, Enhanced Individualised Funding or an Enabling Good Lives or Mana Whaikaha budget) we get the choice and control to direct our own lives and also take responsibility. For many, it’s the first time they’ve held these responsibilities which often includes recruiting, training, supporting and managing direct support staff.
This event covers:
- The fundamentals of recruitment
- Aligning your recruitment with your desired outcomes
- Advertising, shortlisting, interviewing
- Making an offer, induction, orientation and ongoing training
- Supervision and staff management
- What to do if things go wrong
- Your legal responsibilities.