People need to imagine their better future before they can create it. If they cannot imagine a better future then it will be very difficult for them to achieve it and live it.
By understanding the six core elements of a good life, we have a framework for (i) assessing where we are currently and (ii) focusing our action for progress.
This event covers:
- The elements of a good life
- Why disabled people so often experience a life that is very different from their non-disabled peers and what we can do about this
- Creating your vision for your good life
- Turning vision into reality
- Practical strategies and actions for making a better life
- Engaging with the person’s allies (whānau, family and friends)
- Measuring success.