About the Event
A core aspect of the Enabling Good Lives (EGL) movement is the idea that disabled people and their families / whanau should have, and want, more choice and control over their own lives.
One way this occurs is when people take on self-management (Individualised Funding) of their own resources. The mechanisms to get the funds are in place through the NASC (we will cover this as well) but the issues around how to use the funds in ways that really make a positive difference are often less well understood.
The event will cover the themes of:
- How the system works and how to get Individualised Funding
- What is the good life and how to plan for it
- Creating a positive and realistic vision for the future
- What can I and what can’t I buy with the money
- Some of the stuff money can’t buy
- Recruitment and training of direct support staff; and
- Important considerations of having your home as a ‘workplace’
To register, please email Runa Morrison (email@example.com) or fill in the enquiry form.
- Tuesday 5 November, 2019
- 9am – 3:30pm
- Free for disabled people, family, whanau, allies and paid professionals.
Imagine Better thanks LDST for their sponsorship of this event.