About the Event
Article 19 of the UNCRDP enshrines the right to live independently and be included in community. For many people this requires effective and efficient personal assistance. An increasing number of people (currently over 7,000 in Aotearoa NZ) are choosing to ‘take the money’ and use this to help create their good life.
The changes underway through EGL and systems transformation will see even more people take up self- management. However, getting the money is usually the easy part. Turning this resource into life enhancing outcomes is quite another matter.
This one day event will lay a foundation of core principles and strategies for consideration by those wanting to maximise their individualised budget.
The event will cover the themes of:
- How the system works and how to get Individualised Funding
- What is the good life and how to plan for it?
- Creating a positive and realistic vision for the future
- What can I and what can’t I buy with the money?
- Some of the stuff money can’t buy
- Practical wisdom from other budget holders
- Important considerations of having your home as a ‘workplace’
This one day event is being hosted in six locations across the country over February and March 2020. In some regions it is followed by a second one day workshop that specifically focuses on the topic of recruitment of direct support staff.
To register, please email Erin Geaney (email@example.com) or fill in the enquiry form.
- 11 March 2020
- 9am – 3:30pm
- Beachcomber Conference Centre
- 23 Beach Road, Tahunanui
- Free for disabled people, family, whanau, allies and paid professionals.
Please click here to learn more about the presenters, Stacey Roche and Tony McLean.
Imagine Better thanks Te Pou for their sponsorship of this event.