About the Event
Enabling Good Lives Community of Practice
Tohora Room, Papamoa Community Centre
15 Gravatt Road (in the Library)
Thursday July 26, 2018
1pm – 3pm
In November 2017 NZDSN delivered a one day workshop on Enabling Goods Lives (EGL) in Tauranga. This event was created to share information on
- What exactly is EGL?
- What does EGL mean for providers?
- What does EGL mean for individuals and families?
There was a strong interest shown by participants in the creation of a local Community of Practice to enable us to deepen our understanding of EGL and be able to more effectively understand what the changes mean for us, individually and collectively.
The Community of Practice is open to all persons
- at all levels of organisations or businesses who provide disability services in the Bay of Plenty
- who live with a personal experience of disability
- who are allies/family/whanau of persons with lived experience
The Community of Practice aims to create an open environment where we can all explore
- Explore the EGL Principles
- Share information, challenges, learnings and stories
- Ask the questions we have around EGL and service transformation
- Build our networks
- Think about what we see as being important for the BOP
Garth Bennie, NZDSN CEO will be with us to share the latest news on EGL and system transformation as well as share what other Communities of Practice around the country have been learning.
Garth will also introduce our local facilitators, Paul Curry (DPA) and Tony McLean (ImagineBetter)
If you would like to find out more please contact Tony McLean on 0274 934601 or email@example.com